Country Regional Network – Kelso
The Country Regional Network (CRN) involved the maintenance and upgrading of 2,700 km of operational freight and passenger lines and 3,100 km of non-operational lines throughout NSW.
The CRN scope includes construction or replacement of 600 existing rail under bridges and 384 road bridges and associated works.
As part of the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) upgrade of the Great Western Highway, Quickway were engaged to carry out a temporary level crossing at Kelso. The scope of our works included:
- Temporary removal of EDI Downer siding asset
- Installation of new LH 1 in 10 conventional turnout with timber bearers
- Proof rolling of existing formation, removal of any unsuitable materials and compaction of capping materials
- Installation of ballast
- Installation of new rail onto steel sleeper bearers
- Welding of sliding and cutting of existing tracks
- Renewal of formation under crossing location
- Slewing in of newly constructed sleepers, rail track panels and plating into place
- Resurfacing of panels and associated approach ramps and of temporary rail sliding
- Welding of crossing panels and re-adjustment of all tracks
Country Regional Network
✓ Roads & Bridges