Quickway is committed to promoting and maintaining a culture and a work environment where risk to health and safety through our work is unacceptable.
To meet this commitment, the company will, as far as reasonably practicable, provide healthy and safe working conditions for all people associated with our businesses, including employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public.
In order to meet these responsibilities, Quickway will:
- Implement and maintain procedures and processes in accordance with AS/NZS 4801 Health and Safety Management
- Develop safety awareness throughout the company by ensuring all employees are construction inducted and cards available and ongoing education and training through courses and toolbox talks
- Take all practicable steps to eliminate hazards within the workplace through risk identification, assessment, control and monitoring to ensure continuing effectiveness
- Comply with all applicable Australian Health and Safety statutory and licensing requirements and any other requirements to which we voluntarily subscribe and which customers
- Strive to continuously improve health and safety management by setting objectives and performance measures and regularly reviewing progress against the targets set
- Involve all our people in health and safety management through consultation and by contributing to identifying, assessing and controlling hazards and communicating health and safety performance
- Ensure all incidents are accurately reported, recorded and root causes identified, and where injury or illness occurs, help our people to achieve full recovery through prompt treatment and active rehabilitation
- Ensure resources are made available to meet the commitments of this policy
With this commitment, all managers, supervisors and employees are aware of and accept their responsibility to provide a safe work environment.