Country Regional Network – Boppy Mountain
The Country Regional Network (CRN) involved the maintenance and upgrading of 2,700 km of operational freight and passenger lines and 3,100 km of non-operational lines throughout NSW.
The CRN scope includes construction or replacement of 600 existing rail under bridges and 384 road bridges and associated works.
Quickway were engaged to carry out the replacement of a timber underbridge with a concrete box culvert ballast top bridge. The scope of our works included:
- Cutting and removal of rail panel and accessories
- Demolition and removal of existing timber underbridge and removal of concrete piers and footings
- Supply and installation of box culverts and wing walls and backfilling
- Installation of ballast
- Installation of new track panel and sleepers
- Welding of rail and tamping of track
- Installation of handrails and walkways
- Shutdown work over 24-hour periods to meet deadline
Country Regional Network
✓ Concrete Structures
✓ Roads & Bridges