The Country Regional Network (CRN) involved the maintenance and upgrading of 2,700 km of operational freight and passenger lines and 3,100 km of non-operational lines throughout NSW.
The CRN scope included construction or replacement of 600 existing rail under bridges and 384 road bridges and associated works.
Quickway were engaged to carry out the replacement of a timber underbridge with a concrete box culvert ballast top bridge. The scope of our works included:
- Cutting and removal of rail panel and accessories
- Demolition and removal of existing timber underbridge
- Supply and installation of box culverts and wing walls and backfilling
- Installation of ballast
- Installation of new track panel and sleepers
- Welding of rail and tamping of track
- Installation of handrails and walkways
- Shutdowns completed in 24-hour periods over 3 weeks to meet deadline