The Country Regional Network (CRN) involved the maintenance and upgrading of 2,700 km of operational freight and passenger lines and 3,100 km of non-operational lines throughout NSW.
The CRN scope included construction or replacement of 600 existing rail under bridges and 384 road bridges and associated works.
Quickway were engaged to carry out an under bridge replacement as designed by the ARTC. The scope of our works included:
- Removal of rail track and rail from bridge
- Removal of existing timber underbridge structure
- Demolition of existing piers
- Installation of concrete box culverts (replacing bridge)
- Backfilling of bridge with ballast
- Reinstatement of track and lifting/fixing rail into place